Insurance Executive Seeks New Opportunity
Insurance Executive with substantial experience in Property & Casualty Insurance. Driven professional and proven leader with strong business acumen and interpersonal skills that enable effective interaction at various levels of organizations. Experience includes driving top and bottom line financial results for a very profitable $300M operation.
- Strategic Development & Execution
- Professional Liability Underwriting
- Cyber Liability Underwriting
- Organizational & Process Improvement
- Staff Development
- Executive Leadership
- Continuous growth of a $300M+ industry segment that maintained a 5-year Combined Ration of less than 75%.
- Established comprehensive underwriting guidelines that allowed for profitable growth while maintaining flexibility to adapt to the emerging insurance issues of the technology and life science industry segments.
- Subject Matter Expert for emerging insurance issues such as the Sharing Economy, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Bitcoin, 3D Printing, and Cyber.
- Created and implemented underwriting and operational excellence processes that resulted in an annual premium growth rate of 8%-10% each year over 5 years with minimal staff increases.
- Won 2 conference championships and coached the woman’s team at the 2001 Division III NCAA Championship Meet while the Assistant Swim Coach at Trinity University.
VP, Underwriting; AVP, Underwriting; Specialty Underwriting Consultant; Risk Management Specialist; Agency Principal
Mid-size to large insurance carriers in the Northeast, preferably Central CT area or within a commuting distance. Private companies or Government Agencies that need expert consulting support for emerging insurance issues within technology, life science, or Cyber. Small to mid-size agency that is in need of a succession plan and have an ownership opportunity in the next 6-24 months.
Representative Target Companies
Associations and Government Agencies
Department of Economic and Community Development
CT Insurance Department (including consumer affairs unit)
Federal Insurance Office
CT Technology Council
CT Council on Advanced Technology
People’s United Insurance Agency
Starkweather & Shepley Insurance