FuelCell Energy Seeks Senior Manager of HR
My client, FuelCell Energy, a global leader at the forefront of the cleantech industry, has an opportunity for a Senior Manager of Human Resources at their headquarters in Danbury, CT
Their growing business is in need of a sharp Human Resources professional with broad expertise in talent management and development, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and HR information systems to provide leadership and support to 300+ engineering, R&D, sales, service, corporate and international employees. This position will develop and execute various Human Resource initiatives, including: employee relations, recruiting, performance management, compensation management and analysis, employee development, recognition, organizational change, benefits and compliance in support of driving business results through people.
· Responsible for providing full generalist support to 300+ employees, including but not limited to workforce planning, employment/staffing, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, performance management, and compliance.
· Working as the business partner to assigned client groups, promotes a positive employee relations environment. Is accessible and promotes an open door policy.
· Manages employee compensation programs, including job analysis, market pricing, and administration of merit salary and bonus plans.
· Provides ongoing support and counseling to supervisors, managers and employees located at the headquarters site, in the field and all international sites.
· Develops and implements workforce plans, including but not limited to hourly and salaried recruiting, staffing and on-boarding strategies, employee retention programs, training and development and succession planning.
· Improves HR processes by analyzing current processes and recommending improvements to efficiency, quality, and employee satisfaction.
· Oversees performance management system including compensation adjustments. Develops and supports performance improvement plans and career development.
· Effectively and diligently investigates employee concerns and/or complaints requiring a high level of confidentiality. Follows through effectively with appropriate documentation, to ensure legal compliance and may participate in formal hearings and mediation meetings to resolve complaints.
· Supports the corporate benefit strategy and communicates benefit plans effectively to all employees.
· Supports and contributes to the development of company policies/procedures as required, providing counseling and clarification or guidance when required.
· Effectively supervises, supports and develops the HR staff on location.
· Actively participates in all HR department activities, including but not limited to HR strategic planning, company-wide program and policy development, employee morale/recognition and other programs and events.
· Communicates effectively with a high degree of professionalism and confidence, both verbally and in writing to employees at all levels, including the C-suite.
· Routinely interacts with Manager-Talent Acquisition, department leaders, and other members of the Human Resources team.
· Reports to Vice President of Human Resources.
Education: BS/BA Human Resources, Business Administration or related area. Certificate in Human Resources/PHR/SPHR a “plus”.
Experience: 8-10 years’ of progressively responsible experience in human resources with a minimum of 3 years in manager role. Ideal candidate should have experience in a publicly held manufacturing company.
Special Skills and Desired Traits:
· Strong work ethic with a high degree of integrity
· Detail oriented, well-organized, able to prioritize and work with minimal direction
· Excellent verbal, written and stand-up communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced business climate with solid problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite; specific experience with PeopleTrak or other HRIS, Halogen Talent Management Suite, GreenLight LMS a “plus”.
· Must have current knowledge of Connecticut/Federal labor laws.
For export compliance, candidate must be one of the following:
· US Citizen
· Permanent resident of the US
· Protected Individual under U.S. Law
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment with FCE is subject to pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation.
Resumes should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org – 860-267-2690