Procurement Manager – Southern CT
My client, Enthone, a manufacturer in Southern CT is looking to hire a Procurement Manager to manage procurement of all material, ensure adequate levels of supplies and materials are available for efficient operation of the site, and minimize supply chain risk, while optimizing overall costs of materials for their facility as well as regionally. Please feel free to share this information with others in your network.
Based in Southern, CT, the Procurement Manager will be involved with sourcing and negotiations for regional capital expenditures, negotiating corporate contracts for combined buying power, evaluating vendor quotes and awarding bids to ensure that they obtain service from the most desirable supplier.
Below is a brief overview of the Procurement Manager responsibilities:
· Manages the requisitions and purchase orders processes for inventory items, MRO and raw materials for multiple Company sites on a daily basis.
· Manages the accuracy of the purchase orders sent to suppliers including product identification, shipping method and schedule, and pricing.
· Locates vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies and determines worthiness to satisfy both Company and downstream customer requirements in relation to quality, delivery and pricing.
· Awards bids based on evaluation of quality, price and suppliers capability to meet requirements,
· Maintains documentation of supplier bid awards to support objective selection.
· Represents company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
· Proactively manages supply chain shortages, discontinuations to eliminate customer impact.
· Manages supplier corrective action, settles disputes and resolves conflicts to acceptable purchasing standards and until supplier corrective action is acceptable to the company.
· Assists Accounting with supplier invoice issues and facilitates new supplier credit applications.
· Monitors and approves new vendor requests for the Company.
· Assists with supply management issues, including supplier data and feedback and ensures compliance with supplier audit schedule.
· Identifies the developmental needs of others in understanding the purchasing process and provides the coaching that is required to achieve positive results.
· Establishes objectives and recommends strategies to manage risk from single source materials.
· Establishes and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with key and critical suppliers.
· Develops and implements purchasing, supplier and contract management instructions, policies and procedures for this facility and others regionally as required, following the guidelines of the Company’s Global Standards.
· Tracks, reviews, and reports monthly all purchasing activity and related performance metrics.
· Executes purchasing activities as required in accordance with ISO requirements to maintain ISO Certification.
Candidates for this opportunity should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years relevant professional experience OR the equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
In addition, candidates should possess:
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Self-motivation and proactive attitude with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Occasional business travel (less than 25%) is required.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Strong skills using JD Edwards are a huge plus.
• Negotiation training and or a strong purchasing background is highly desired.
• Industry experience (chemical manufacturing).
Resume should be emailed to me at: email@example.com – as Word document attachments.