KIND Snacks Seeks Senior Accounting Manager
I started a consulting role at KIND Snacks a few months ago. All is going well and hoping it leads to a permanent opportunity. Appreciate if you can share the below opportunity with the NEAG and Fairchester Group members. Candidates should apply online by following the link at the end.
In addition, due to rapid growth, many opportunities continue to arise and suggest group members continue to monitor the KIND career website.
Sr Manager Accounting
- Job Tracking ID: 85390-202170
- Job Location: New York, NY
- Job Level: Management
- Level of Education: Masters Degree
- Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: September 01, 2015
- Years of Experience: 5 – 7 Years
- Starting Date: ASAP
KIND is looking for an ambitious finance professional to play a critical role in supporting the Controller in continuing to develop the quality of KIND’s financial reporting, processes and controls.
The Controller’s group is responsible for timely, accurate and insightful financial reporting, overseeing financial controls and policies, and continuously striving to improve business processes and performance.
This is a great opportunity to join an energized team and make a huge impact in driving exceptional brand growth.
- Accounting Close – Assist in the monthly general ledger closings by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations as well as reviewing reconciliations prepared by other team members.
- Consolidations – Review the consolidation of the Company’s domestic and international entities, ensuring that all intercompany accounts are eliminated and all realized and unrealized foreign currency translations are accounted for correctly. In this role special attention needs to be given to ensure that all entries are recorded in conformity with US GAAP, and IFRS.
- Monthly Reporting Pack – Prepare the monthly financial reporting package. This will require working with personnel both inside and outside the finance department to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information and explanations of results drivers.
- Technical Accounting – Provide technical accounting support by reviewing both current and proposed US GAAP pronouncements and documenting their potential effect on the Company.
- External Audit – Assist in supporting the annual financial audit as well as preparing various quarter-end financial analyses for periodic updates to the Company’s external auditors.
- Process Improvement – Assist in the refinement and ongoing improvement of processes and reporting. This includes accelerating the month end process and also the re-design of the Company’s financial reporting package.
- Controls – Write-up process narratives, with key controls identified, to be used for both the external audit and internal educational and control purposes.
- Accounting Policies – Oversee and maintain an Accounting Policies manual to be used throughout the organization to ensure proper financial governance.
- Projects – These may be systems related or interaction with regulatory agencies, potential business combinations and risk/control assessments.
Experience and Skills
- CPA required
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years working for a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Excellent understanding of IFRS and US GAAP required
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate accounting pronouncements and summarize implications
- CPG/Manufacturing experience preferred
- International accounting experience a plus
- MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Strong leadership qualities with excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ERP systems (JD Edwards preferred)