Human Resources Generalist in Need – Windsor Locks
My client, Suominen (http://www.suominen.fi/), the global market leader in nonwovens for wipes (manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for wipes, hygiene products and medical applications) has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist (located) in Windsor Locks, CT. This position is responsible for administering all facets of the Shared Service Human Resource function, including: payroll, HR systems, policies & procedures, and employee benefits. She/he will administer and maintain a strong centralized HR function that supports the ongoing needs of employees and the HR function and provide HR administrative support to the Windsor Locks location. While local candidates are preferred, my client will support relocation.
- Administers the Shared Service Payroll/HR function.
- Processes weekly and monthly payrolls for all U.S. locations to ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Partnering with ADP TotalSource, assists in the maintenance and development of the HRIS / Payroll system, including the Time & Attendance system.
- Key user for all HR systems to ensure data integrity and accuracy. Systems include ADP TotalSource, EZ Labor, Sympa, Ensure and others.
- Monitors Third-Party Administrators (TPA) providing HR/Payroll services to Suominen.
- Administers Shared Services insurance billing related to life insurance, STD/LTD and other ancillary benefits.
- Administers compensation and bonus incentive plans.
- Assists in the development and responsible for the administration of the human resources programs, policies, and procedures for WL, as well as USA.
- Accountable for all Windsor Locks HR administration activities, including maintaining employee records, performance appraisals, change in status forms, relocation activities, visas, etc.
- Administers the Windsor Locks site staffing needs, including recruitment, hiring and terminations.
- Conducts new employee orientations to introduce new Windsor Locks employees to company policies and practices and administers all personnel/payroll related paperwork.
- Supports Windsor Locks Operations in areas such as safety, training and QAKE audits.
- Promotes and participates in planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information to internal and external customers.
- Implements human resources best practices to ensure the organization is utilizing leading edge human resource technology and strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter, a quick learner, knowledgeable, highly engaged in HR with the bandwidth for growth and advancement. Someone who is self-sufficient, works well autonomously, with little direction, but who will also work collaboratively with others on the HR team.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in HR/Personnel Management or related field.
- At least 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a manufacturing organization, with 2-3 years in the area of payroll.
- PHR or SPHR designation a plus
- Capable of working with a significant degree of independence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience in team based organization helpful
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong organization skills, prioritizing skills and conflict resolution skills required.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work with limited direction.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- High level of technical skills, including competency in Word, Excel, Power Point and ADP.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Position requires multiple hours each day at a computer and telephone.
- Overnight travel as required, both car and air.
- Normal corrected vision and hearing is necessary.
- Ability to move around manufacturing facilities and office is required.
If this is a strong match for your background/ experience and interests, please email your resume, as a Word document attachment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690.