Technical Sales Support Staff Needed
My client, Q-Tran (Milford, CT), a leader in LED and Low Voltage Lighting with 25 years in the lighting industry, is looking to hire a Technical Sales Support – Applications Engineer. This opportunity is a great way to get into their Technical Sales Department or, eventually, work into Product Manager/ Engineering Role.
Basic Job Description:
· Support the Sale Operations Manager to deliver sales objectives by achieving sales plans and quotas. Interact with all internal departments, independent rep channel as well as specifiers.
- Develop lighting layouts, lighting calculations, project renderings, wiring diagrams, submittal or shop drawings. Support and train the independent rep network on best uses of their technology.
- Develop the tools and systems that help us internally and their external stakeholders who work most efficiently with designing projects with their products.
- Support customer service and quotation efforts with technical subject matter expertise. Develop bills of material by evaluating project documents and drawings so that we can quote projects effectively.
- Work closely with the technical members of their product and development teams to ensure success with customers and prospects.
- Work within the CRM/ERP systems for all sales data management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel (MS365 preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of lighting, lighting or electrical components, electrical distribution or related industries would be preferred.
- Strong focuses on quality, attention to detail and time management.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements and high expectations.
- Positive attitude as well as excellent communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle field troubleshooting and correction of any problem installation or applications.
- Experience in providing technical support over the phone or email.
- Program and project management skills are preferred.
- Preference will be given to experience with AGI32, Revit, AutoCAD
· Bachelor’s degree (not mandatory), Engineering, Science or technical equivalent.
· Must have: 2 years + in the lighting industry in a lighting design, applications engineering, and/or product design
· Math acumen
· Experience in problem solving and thinking “outside of the box”
Resumes (Word Doc attachments – please) should be emailed to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690