Supply Chain Coordinator Needed in Windsor Locks
My client, Windsor Locks, Nonwovens (Windsor Locks, CT) has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Coordinator. They are looking for someone with 0-2 years of experience in the supply chain field and has an interest in supply chain management. Looking for an individual who will be excited to grow with the company. This is an hourly/non-exempt position.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the outside converting process – which involves ordering materials and services according to demand within deadlines – following guidelines and procedures to order goods and materials and dealing with standard ordering issues; job is partly based on routines. The main accountabilities are to:
· Plan timely purchase of relevant materials and services.
· Create and manage vendors to purchase goods in compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
· Create purchase orders based on approved purchase requisitions.
· Resolve any invoice discrepancies to ensure accurate accounts payable records are maintained.
· Manage the materials inventory level to optimize service levels and minimize working capital.
This is a unique position in that the person hired for this position will be involved in logistics), purchasing (and sourcing) with a longer-term potential career path in planning and/or supply chain management.
This key position supports:
· The supply chain (e.g. sourcing, purchasing, planning and logistics) function
· Plan implementation of the outside converters, sourcing and logistics process.
· Ownership of Subcontracting Process
· Support effective materials management & inventory process
· Support Production Planning in conjunction with Demand Management.
· Support order fulfillment processes
· Track cost reduction activities
· Responsible for maintaining accurate and appropriate inventory levels
· Ensures timely response to all corrective action requests within area of responsibility
· Serves as a backup to Planner and other positions as needed.
· Support and communicate with other departments such as; Shipping, Receiving, Quality, Sales, Sourcing and Customer Service
· While a college degree is desirable, those with equivalent work experience will be considered
· Supply chain certifications are a plus, e.g., involvement in APICS or a desire to become involve in APICS.
· Must be able to be “on call” 24/7 in case of an emergency
· Must be able to travel as needed
· Strong self-initiative – highly motivated, energized; drives for results and follows up
· Ability to pay attention to detail is critical
· Practical and pragmatic – has common sense
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team setting
· Strong communication skills both written and oral
· High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word and a willingness to learn new software.
· General business and financial knowledge is helpful – i.e., good math skills for converting units
· Good at identifying opportunities for efficiencies and streamlining of processes; good at reconciling information and discerning and resolving issues and/or inaccuracies
· Some minimum buying experience is a plus
Resumes should be emailed as Word document attachments to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690; if phone line goes to fax line, please email me.