Quality Manager Needed
Are you excited by the idea of working for a world leader in nonwovens manufacturing where you will deal with demanding quality management activities – impacting an organization’s quality strategy – and provide senior leadership?
Do you have Bachelor’s degree (preferably in chemical engineering, paper/pulp or textile engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 8 – 10+ years of previous technical service, process control, quality engineering, product development or other related technical experience?
Do you have working knowledge of s-Plus / continuous improvement methodologies and PC software and experience with spreadsheet, word-processing and statistical analysis programs?
If “yes,” then read on . . . my client, Suominen Nonwovens (Windsor Locks, CT) is looking to hire a Quality Manager who will: plan, direct and execute state-of-the-art Quality and Continuous Improvement techniques, methodologies and systems to support the wipes markets served by the Windsor Locks operation. This position is in Windsor Locks, CT. In this position, you will work pro-actively to reduce process and product property variation and ensure internal and external specifications are met; and work continuously to improve the quality, functionality and cost effectiveness of existing products.
· Develop, implement and evaluate quality policies, procedures, and projects and develop resources to assist the operations and manufacturing function to be able to reach quality standards.
· Oversee/manage processes related to production quality and ISO implementation to the local level – ensuring that products meet customers’ quality standards.
· Define the appropriate and adequate procedures and measures of control for production processes and conduct risk assessments of these processes.
· Lead implementation of new regulations and support and facilitate audits and regulatory inspections.
· Lead, control and develop work of lab analysts.
· Coordinate quality training for employees to ensure all individuals have the required level of knowledge.
· Handle customer complaint investigations and problem resolution activities. Through continuous improvement efforts and effective corrective and the preventative actions, strive to reduce customer complaints and claims.
· Support, and sometimes lead, product commercialization projects of new product opportunities or modifications to existing products. Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
· Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of complicated tasks. Independently resolve technically complex problems. May provide consultation on complex projects and as the top-level contributor/specialist.
· Supervises the activities of Suominen’s Quality Department staff.
· As the Suominen WL operations and overall success depends heavily on Ahlstrom under a shared services agreement, coordinate quality-related activities with follow-up to ensure all services are being completed and represent Suominen’s quality interests within the site operations.
· As the site Quality representative, build working relationship with customers and continuously work to improve customer satisfaction.
· Maintain the Quality Management System, resolve complaint issues and support continuous improvement.
· Investigate and resolve customer complaints and determine credit due.
· Conduct investigations and determine disposition of returned goods.
· Report significant technical issues involving product concerns with customers.
· Develop and issue specifications, both internally and externally, that are compatible with process capabilities and customer fitness-for-use requirements.
· Provide and revise all documentation for the Quality Management systems via the ENSUR document control system.
· Ensure compliance with department and all procedures including state, federal and international regulations and applicable standards including QAKE and ISO.
· Participate on “s-Plus” teams to assist in addressing improvement opportunities.
· Develop, implement and track business strategic plan and department objectives.
· Oversee and improve, as needed, product quality and the processes used to manufacture and convert products.
· Assist with the identification / creation and implementation of quality-related software to analyze and report data.
· Participate on the Global Suominen Quality Team.
New Product Commercialization – Provide leadership to the product commercialization process.
· Lead / support product commercialization projects on assigned equipment and / or for assigned product lines. Projects may include support of complete new product opportunities or improvements on existing products.
· Technical Support – Provide technical expertise on process and product capabilities
· Provide technical and troubleshooting support to product lines, customers, and suppliers as needed.
· Prepare and participate in formal Customer Supplier Reviews.
· Act as a qualified trainer in area of expertise and provide training as needed.
· Provide guidance and assistance to other Quality Department staff as needed.
· Lead, train and develop assigned staff.
· Prepare and conduct performance reviews.
· Regularly identify process improvements and implement changes as needed.
· Implement goals and objectives for functional area.
· Regularly evaluate and report on progress.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Strong analytical / problem-solving skills: able to resolve internal and external technical problems and make decisions regarding quality engineering, process control and product commercialization issues.
· Statistics and statistical process control training desirable.
· Experience with QAKE and ISO standards are desirable.
· Must be able to work in 24/7 manufacturing environment, walk excessively at times, ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Professional demeanor.
· Integrity and Honesty.
Resumes should be emailed to Karla Hammond – firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690