Quality Engineer Needed
My client, FuelCell Energy, Danbury, CT, is looking to hire a Quality Engineer to join their fast-paced, dynamic team and support FCE’s business plan by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels of their power plant products. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in quality engineering processes such as quality planning, product qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing. In addition, this individual must have the ability to work as a cross-functional change agent by helping develop and improve their Quality processes that affect multiple organizations. Travel to various suppliers as well as power plant sites domestically and internationally will be required. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Develops, maintains, and continuously improves the Quality Control System as assigned for product development, power plant construction and commissioning, and field service per internal company standards.
· Develops the quality control plan with suppliers for project specific Balance of Site Equipment.
· Monitors the execution of the quality control plan and improves, when necessary.
· Reviews test data, inspection data and other relevant documents to confirm the quality of the material.
· Performs audits of suppliers’ quality systems.
· Participates in DVP&R and design reviews, developing measurement and test plans, representing the FCE Quality function in the product development processes.
· Manages power plant project quality control activities including site quality audits; reports and resolves issues, reviews and approves project quality documents.
· Manages Field Service quality control activities, which includes power plant site audits and record reviews.
· Executes Nonconformance Report activities within ERP for Storage, Construction, Commissioning and Service.
· Participates in and/or may lead Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives internally and at supplier organizations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the areas of Product Development, Manufacturing and/or Quality Control with highly engineered products. Experience in manufacturing environment is preferred.
Candidate Must Have:
· Six Sigma Green Belt or higher; or demonstrated application of statistical concepts (e.g. Reliability Engineering, or Six Sigma tool application).
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and product requirements
· Strong technical writing and communication skills
· Demonstrable ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
· Cross functional team leadership skills
· Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Domestic and International Travel Required: 30%
· Able to travel between CT locations regularly
· Ability to obtain/maintain a valid passport and travel without restriction internationally is required.
· Must be able to work physically in the manufacturing plant or construction site, wearing required personal protective equipment such as safety gloves, hard hats, safety shoes, as designated
· Lifting up to 25 pounds, walking (standing) in/on a large manufacturing plant, on concrete flooring or uneven installation/construction site for extended periods of time
· Periodic bending, reaching – working with both hands and arms in full range of motion.; and climbing ladders required to perform inspection of incoming, installed or manufactured parts
· Ability to hear or be aware of audible danger alerts
· Ability to remain on feet and move from area to area within a supplier shop or construction site
· Computer work for extended periods of time is also required
· Ability to distinguish color