Quality Assurance Manager – Job Description
Our Company, Able Coil & Electronics, Inc. is a full service electromagnetic design and manufacturing company serving a broad range of industries including: medical, aerospace, communications, automotive and military products. In addition to industry leading designs, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, high reliability and lifetime support. Since 1969, Able Coil has manufactured custom precision wound coils, toroids, transformers, solenoids, cable and connector harnesses, and other sophisticated electronic assemblies.
Grounded in a foundation of core company values, Able Coil delivers the highest quality products and services on time and at a fair price.
Able Coil is currently expanding and to support this expansion, the Company is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager.
JOB OVE RVIEW:
The Quality Assurance Manager (“QAM”) is responsible for ensuring all products manufactured by Able Coil meet all product specifications, including industry standards, legal compliance and customers’ expectations. The QAM will provide leadership skills to coach and mentor the Quality Engineer, Compliance Manager and inspection team as well as individual contributors from other disciplines within the company. He or she will leverage technical skills to develop, maintain and the quality management system. He or she will liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. The QAM will advise on how to implement quality standards and provide training, tools and techniques to enable employees to achieve the quality standards. The QAM will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance against established standards.
· A Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Electronic or Electrical engineering
· 10 years’ experience with manufacturing electro-mechanical devices, preferably in the Aviation/Military industries
· Prior leadership and management responsibility
· Experience with ISO 9000 and/or AS9100
· Experience with Military Specs – (MIL-T-27 and/or MIL-PRF-27)
· Plan, organize and control activities to ensure projects are on time, within cost parameters, meet quality standards and manufacturability
· Strong experience developing, implementing and maintaining quality procedures, standards and specifications.
· Strong oral and written communications skills, especially presentation skills
· Ability to communicate in Spanish is desirable
· Report to executive management and customers on problems and quality concerns
· Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and work in the trenches
· Strong business acumen
· Work well in an entrepreneurial environment
· Manage Quality Control department, this includes Quality Engineer and Compliance Manager.
· Communicate daily and weekly goals for Inspectors and technician.
· Evaluate Daily shipping requirements and resolve issues as needed to achieve these requirements.
· Work with Compliance Manager to complete implementation of AS9100 quality system.
· Evaluate current system and tasks already completed toward AS9100.
· Develop a plan that best suits our environment and resources to achieve certification.
· Design and implement all quality training needed for Quality Control and production.
· Design and maintain employee training systems to be implemented by supervisors.
· Cause and corrective action analysis.
· Work with production and technician to identify root cause of nonconformance’s and implement corrective actions accordingly.
· Evaluate and resolve discrepancies with internal, customer and supplier reports.
· Process audits and reports
· Communicate with customers and vendors to improve and/or resolve non-conformances.
· Work with customers and vendors to resolve problems. Communicate all areas of concern with senior management.
Local candidates only:
· Bolton, CT
· 10 years experience with mechanical design and manufacturing electro-mechanical devices: 1 year