Quality Assurance Manager Needed
Are you a Quality Assurance Manager with an electrical or electronic equipment manufacturer?
Are you a strong manager of staff with oversight of inspection and testing, continuous improvement and production support?
Are you a proponent of lean manufacturing with a keen focus on cost management and product quality?
Are you a self-starter, critical and logical thinker who takes ownership of your work?
If so, read on . . . my client, Able Coil & Electronics (Bolton, CT) has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager, preferably a local candidate.
A leading coil and transformer manufacturer, the company has manufactured and serviced highly customized products in the US for nearly 50 years with a niche in fine wire electro-magnetic assemblies. Their products have been in space and at the south pole – working in extreme conditions with high performance and high reliability.
Position Responsibilities ~ Supervise staff and participate in the following:
Inspection and Testing
- Define the Test Process and create/update Production Documentation.
- Handle all aspects of the Test Process, including Testing Tooling, written instructions and all Process Documentation.
- Work with Product Engineering and Test area personnel to develop efficient methods for testing product. Design or specify test equipment, as required.
- Maintain and complete all required Test Engineering documentation, including: process sheets, engineering changes, and non-conformance documentation.
- Identify cost-savings and quality improvement projects in assigned areas and move them from concept to implementation.
- Lead and manage the resolution of customer problems, and implement corrective actions that resolve the root cause in the identified product and similar products.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient testing methods.
- Lead electromechanical troubleshooting of Product, Test Process and support equipment.
- Participate in reviews and investigation of component failures.
- Provide training for employees on assigned tasks and projects.
- Coordinate schedules and work required by associates to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Technical Skills & Experience
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree in an Electrical, Electronic, or Electro-Mechanical discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical or electronic equipment manufacturing, preferably serving both the commercial and aerospace markets.
· Minimum of 2 years in a Quality Control Manager role supervising staff.
· Experience with first article approval.
· Knowledge of electrical conductivity and thermal properties of epoxies and metals (a plus!).
· Experience leading an organization to AS9100/ISO9001 certification (a plus!)
· Six Sigma certification (a plus!).
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Good analytical, problem-solving skills
· Drive for results with a concern for product cost management and quality
· Focus on continuous process improvement
· Organized – can multi-task well and prioritize
· Compelled to meet deadlines and skilled in time management
· Committed to follow-up
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
· Stays calm in adverse situations
· Strong work ethic
· Seen as credible
· Deals with confidential information respectfully and is trustworthy
· Demonstrates integrity and honesty
· Projects a professional demeanor