Purchasing Manager Need in Agawam
My client, Carando Gourmet, Agawam, MA, is looking to hire a Purchasing Manager for their Agawam headquarters. A well-established, third-generation family business, Carando Gourmet has been preparing exceptional foods for 60+ years. While their high standards have remained the same, their product line has expanded; in addition to traditional Italian specialties, they offer an assortment of quiches, tortas, pot pieces and classic American comfort foods.
While food industry experience is a plus, other industry experience will be considered. For anyone who requires relocation assistance, only those with food industry will be eligible for relocation assistance.
This position is responsible for: seeking reliable vendors of suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices; negotiating prices and contracts; reviewing technical specifications for materials, components, or equipment; determining quantity and timing of deliveries and forecasting upcoming demand. Specifically, he/she will:
· Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed.
· Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
· Attend trade shows and conferences to learn about new industry trends/make contacts with suppliers.
· Analyze prices proposals, and other financials to determine reasonable prices.
· Negotiate contracts on behalf of the company.
· Work out policies with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered.
· Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
· Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure that vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for any changes.
· Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product quality and inventories.
Requirements and Competencies
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Word and Excel.
· Strong computer skills in Great Plains (or similar purchasing software)
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience; food industry experience desirable.
· Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal, and listening.
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong negotiating skills – interfaces with vendors, Planning, Sales, Operations and QA Departments.
· Initiative – self-starter – energetic with an aggressive attitude.
· Highly organized.
· Keen sense of follow-up.
· Good sense of business acumen.
· Positive outlook.
· Takes ownership.
· Integrity and trustworthy.
· Not easily discouraged.
· Strong work ethic.
· Professional demeanor.
Resumes should be emailed to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690 (if phone line goes to fax line, please email me)