Purchasing Administrator Needed
Would you like to join a company whose culture promotes excellence, job satisfaction and talent retention?
Would an employer that develops innovative products not available in the general market excite you?
Are you a diligent multi-tasker with meticulous concern for detail and accuracy?
Do you engage and communicate well with all internal organizational levels, as well as externally with vendors?
If so, my client, The Network Support Company/TNSC (Danbury, CT) is looking for a Purchasing Administrator. In business since 1996, the company designs, builds, maintains, and secures computer networks. Deeply committed to their people, products and operations, they employ proactive, metrics-driven methods and practices designed to serve their clients with transparency and integrity. TNSC has the operational maturity, expertise, and resources to deliver their services with integrity, accountability, and an authentic desire to get to the heart of what makes a small to mid-sized business successful.
TNSC has an impressive reputation in the marketplace. MSP (Managed Services Provider) Mentor has rated TNSC as one of the Top 100 Managed Service Providers in North America since 2012. In 2016, Hearst Media Services rated TNSC as one of the Top Work Places in Connecticut. The Connecticut Technology Council has ranked TNSC as one of the Marcum TechTop40 companies in which to work.
Working under the Purchasing Manager’s direction, you will perform: quoting, order processing, expediting, inventory control, maintenance of licensing and warranty databases, and general administrative tasks supporting the Purchasing function to ensure goals and objectives are achieved. In procuring hardware, software and services for TNSC’s clients you will:
• Process requests for quotes
• Solicit quote responses from approved vendors
• Create purchase orders using ConnectWise Sell / Great Plains
• Prepare and place orders with approved vendors
• Track the status of requests, quotes and orders
• Receive assets against purchase orders
• Tag specified materials with asset tags
• Enter Purchase Orders into ConnectWise Sell / Great Plains
• Enter Sale Orders for each purchase order
• Expedite existing orders and resolve issues
• Confirm pricing against vendor contracts and orders
• Verify order deliveries and send back inaccurate shipments
• Process Return Material Authorizations (RMAs)
• Track and maintain the database for hardware/software licensing, warranties, and service agreements.
• Ensure that contracts do not expire
• Prepare items to be shipped via: UPS, FedEx or other common carriers
• Answer questions on products, pricing, licensing and order status
As the Accounting Interface, using ConnectWise Sell / Great Plains, you will:
• Enter invoices (A/P)
• Create sales and purchase orders
• In creating new inventory items, you will maintain and follow established procedures to ensure inventory control and perform physical inventory according to department standards.
Other General Activities, include:
• Assisting the Purchasing Manager in completing daily activities
• Providing timely, accurate completion of administrative activities
• Supporting the Account Managers in ordering and deliveringmaterials to customers to meet designated installation dates
• Interfacing with Technical staff regarding various matters includingwarranties
• Interfacing with the Accounting Manager in performing variousaccounting-related activities
• Helping to regulate and control inventory flow byensuring goods are received, billed, and RMA’s are done completely and correctly
• Pursuing excellent customer service – relating to the timelydelivery of materials and/or the processing of returned goods
• Developing and maintaining working relationships with vendors
• Following procurement workflows as outlined in SharePoint
• Providing administrative support to the department
• Using ConnectWise workflows to handle service delivery requests
• Using ConnectWise Sell / Great Plains to create all quotes and purchase requests.
You will work closely with the Purchasing Manager, Account Managers, Technical staff, Accounting, Telecom and Sales to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction following established policies and procedures.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one to two years relevant work experience
• Familiarity with IT products and services, including: hardware,peripherals, software & software licensing
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent data entry skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to perform mathematical computations related to thepurchasing process
• Works well both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including: telephone,email, and fax, etc.
• Strong PC skills including experience using MS Office productsincluding Word and Excel
• ConnectWise Sell / Great Plains or equivalent accountingsoftware/interface
• Experience with manufacturer part numbers and assemblies
If this is a strong match for your background/experience/interests, please email your resume as a Word document attachment, along with your salary requirements to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690