Project Manager Needed in New Haven, CT
Please contact us if you or anyone you know may be a good fit for this position.
PROJECT MANGER: Job Description
Location: New Haven, CT 06510
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
We are looking for a results-oriented, detail-driven project manager with experience leading Agile development and installation of client software products in addition to traditional waterfall projects. The project management oversight will enforce project timeline and budget adherence, resulting in increased client satisfaction, improved delivery and implementation practices and project profitability. You will be responsible for several concurrent clients projects and for planning, leading, organizing and motivating project teams through the project lifecycle. This position also requires a high degree of collaboration with the leaders of technical teams such as product management, engineering, documentation, and quality assurance, and coordination managing dependencies and handoffs between engineering and the project teams.
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle.
- Manages all aspects of projects including scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs, change, and risk
- Conducts internal and customer kick off meetings establishing understanding and consensus on project objectives and timelines.
- Organizes and facilitates release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings
- Tracks and communicates scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Officially starts Sprints utilizing JIRA and ensures all user stories and tasks have had time estimates applied prior to starting the sprint
- Updates agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and distributing timely information
- Identifies and manages project dependencies, critical paths, and risks.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Identifies and removes impediments, preventing distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver sprint and project goals
- Sets and manages client expectations by solving complex issues and changes when appropriate exercising complex Risk, Issue and Change Management best practices.
- Proactively review project deliverables for accuracy and apprise management of issues affecting project status offering solutions to solve the issues.
- Works with internal and client departments to coordinate systems testing, user acceptance testing, installation and support.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential out of scope activities, and devises contingency plans.
- Coordinates and directs geographically dispersed project teams to meet project objectives.
- Ensures satisfactory transfer of possession and control of deliverables upon completion (handoff), and close all associated documentation and archive appropriate records.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile project management, the Agile life cycle and Agile practices in use, and the information flow required including the metrics and data points used in feedback loops.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering solutions and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of 1year Agile Development Methodology.
- 2-5 years experience leading medium and large projects.
- Experience with health information systems or disease registries preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.