Product Analyst for Wealth Management Consulting Group
Do you have 5 years’ work experience in wealth or asset management that you would like to bring to a new venture?
Are you skilled in due diligence, portfolio construction, working with management on investments?
Do you have a passion for research, and the discipline for paying close attention to detail and accuracy?
Would you like to be part of a start-up function with considerable freedom to structure your position, create your own imprint – where every day is different from the next?
If so, my client, HJ Sims (headquartered in Fairfield, CT), is looking to hire a Product Analyst for their Wealth Management Consulting Group (WMCG) – with flexibility on location, i.e., Boca, FL; or Austin, TX; or Fairfield, CT.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly-formed, dynamic consulting organization within an established investment banking firm where you will have significant visibility and impact. While a geographically-dispersed firm, Sims is a close-knit community that has successfully retained a collaborative, collegial culture of bright, competent, hard-working people.
Your work will bring you into daily contact on account management and due diligence with the firm’s financial advisors. Through research you will be well positioned to guide and advise on new product types, which will facilitate informed decision-making and generate profitability.
HJ Sims, established in 1935, is a full-service investment bank specializing in structuring and underwriting senior living and long term care financings, including tax exempt and taxable bonds, mezzanine loans, equity, seed money, bank financing, and FHA-insured loans. HJ Sims also provides financial advisory services in the areas of capital planning, restructuring and mergers & acquisitions.
Under administrative direction, candidate performs tasks of a highly technical/complex nature requiring the regular exercise of individual judgment and initiative. Candidate will assist department manager in the guidance and training of future WMCG team members. Provides the sales support for Sims Advisors and the Wealth Management department. Utilizing firm approved platforms assists advisors in developing asset allocations and investment plans for their clients. Has general knowledge of all product areas of Wealth Management – individual securities, alternatives, annuities, fee-based accounts, mutual funds and UITs – and is proficient in the wealth management consulting process. Provides training to assist RRs to become more proficient at supporting and servicing their clients. Will likely visit Sims private client branch offices regularly to make presentations and assist branch office advisers. May work in conjunction with advisors to support public seminars for clients and prospects.
Managed Accounts and New Product Compliance:
· Review account documentation before opening for portfolio risk tolerance and completeness
· Assist with quarterly/semi-annual reviews of managed accounts for asset allocation purposes
· Share responsibility of new product due diligence and ongoing due diligence of approved products
· Review Sawtooth and Pershing Managed 360 managers on quarterly/semi-annual basis
· Assist advisors with client onboarding for managed accounts
· Assists operations with billing set-up and ongoing fee disbursements for Sims, Sawtooth and Managed360 accounts
· Manage registrations/licensing with Registration Specialist
· Manage continuing education requirements for advisors
· Process and review all new insurance business
· Main point of contact for insurance providers and field marketing offices
· Covers both fixed and variable business lines
· Four-year college degree
· Expertise in appropriate procedures and business concepts
· Minimum of five years of relevant experience
· Series 7 and 66; or if not, willingness to obtain them on a set schedule
· Very proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, as well as mastering new systems
· Familiarity with Sales Force would be a plus
· Experience with videotaping and Skype would be helpful
· Insurance licensing would be a plus
· Excellent communications skills in writing, speaking, and presenting
· Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
· Keen desire to learn
· Highly motivated and goal oriented
· Excellent time management skills
· Self initiative – ability to work with limited oversight and own your own work
· Straight forward and direct
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collegially across the organization and able to deal with strong personalities and conflicting views
· Strong negotiating skills
· Integrity – trustworthy
· Able to stay calm, focused, prioritize and multi-task
· Dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic
· Confident – professional demeanor
· Positive outlook
· Sense of humor
If this position is a strong match for your background/experience, please email your resume to: email@example.com; 860-267-690