Procurement Manager Needed in Glastonbury, CT
Friends, here is a great local job opportunity from a CCSU alum. See the job description below. Let’s see if we can get some responses to Curt. Thanks. Rick
Gemma Power Systems is currently seeking a full-time Procurement Manager to join our Glastonbury, CT area office. This position reports to the Director of Procurement and is responsible to manage all home office procurement on assigned projects and to procure assigned elements.
· Read and understand EPC Contract.
· Develop project procurement and delivery schedule and manage weekly project team status reviews of procurement activities.
· Preparation and maintenance of project specific procurement templates including RFP and contract documents.
· Develop the technical and commercial expertise to enable proper management of procurement
· Interface with engineering, accounting, scheduling, legal counsel, document control, field project team staff and project management personnel.
· Review technical bid package and obtain scope and schedule clarifications as required for development of Request-for-Proposal (RFP) packages.
· Identify appropriate bidders for RFP packages.
· Prepare and issue RFP packages for subcontracts, purchase orders, rental agreements and service
· Lead project team effort to respond in timely manner to bidder clarification requests.
· Expedite timely submittals of bids.
· Prepare commercial bid evaluation tabs and coordinate selection of “short-listed” bidders with engineering team.
· Negotiate terms and conditions as well as cost and schedule with suppliers, subcontractors and vendors to achieve project needs.
· Select suppliers, obtain Project Management approval and award contracts.
· Prepare and issue final contracts and obtain appropriate signatures from both parties in accordance with company policies.
· Develop and maintain supplier relations.
· Lead correction action on supplier performance failures.
· Manage supplier back charges.
· Support business development personnel for cost estimates for new project opportunities.
· Organize and attend bid review and major equipment supplier kick-off meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Strong technical aptitude – must be able to fully understand the technical aspects of the materials and equipment within Gemma scope
· Thorough understanding of terms and conditions – must be able to understand contractual requirements, negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors, and coordinate with legal and accounting when required
· Strong negotiation skills – must lead contract negotiations
· Problem solving skills to enable leading resolution to non-conformances and dispute issues
· C. Skills – “second nature” capability with respect to common software including Excel, Word, and Adobe.
· Communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communication
· Must be willing to travel to Project jobsites and suppliers, approximately 10% of annual work schedule
About Gemma Power Systems:
Gemma Power Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Argan, Inc (NYSE: AGX), is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company providing innovative solutions for the power and renewable energy industry. Gemma is led by a renowned team of professionals, each with extensive experience in the development, design, construction, commissioning and operating of large-scale power projects.
Ranked among ENR ’s Top 50 Power Contractors, Gemma’s extensive experience includes completion of gas and oil-fired combined cycle plants, wood and coal-fired plants, waste-to-energy plants, wind plants, solar photovoltaic generating facilities and biomass process facilities, all performed on an EPC basis. Additionally, Gemma provides a full range of development, consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance services.
2014 Connecticut Top Workplace, Hartford Courant FoxCT .
Gemma is proud to offer a comprehensive health and welfare benefit program to our employees. Gemma’s programs strive to reward and support our employees with exceptional healthcare coverage, financial planning and savings resources, work-life balance, and much more. Gemma is aligned with the industry’s best insurance carriers and provides a nationwide network to accommodate all of our employees and their dependents regardless of where they work or live.
Additional information about Gemma Power Systems can be found at www.gemmapower.com
Gemma Power Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
· Procurement: 5 years
Gemma Power Systems, LLC | 769 Hebron Avenue |Glastonbury, CT 06033
[W] (860) 659-0509 x1146| www.gemmapower.com
“Our creative people Answering the Challenges of building your energy projects.”
This message may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or re-transmit this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you.