Prepress Manager Needed
My client, in Hartford County, Connecticut, is looking to hire a Prepress Manager who will be responsible for: 1) assembling graphics and text to create the required components to allow customer artwork to be printed through sheet fed offset presses in a folding carton format; 2) proofing, imposing files for production, creating plates; assembling, verifying and organizing plate jackets; producing color standard folders; and collecting any other resources required by Production. All duties must be followed in accordance with customer requirements and in keeping with the Company’s quality, safety and performance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements: Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The candidate must be detail oriented, highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
· Candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years prepress experience and/or prior experience in the printing industry (folding carton preferred).
· Able to pay strong attention to detail, excellent proof-reading skills, good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide follow through on customers’ orders and requirements.
· Able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, quick turn-around environment.
· Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and applicable Graphics software, including Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, applicable Plate Merging and Exposing software and show an enthusiasm for learning new technology.
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Must have comprehensive printing and color management. Folding carton experience a major plus.