Operations Manager Needed
Have you worked at least eight years in discrete manufacturing (e.g., job shop) where you have demonstrated strong build-to-order experience and inventory management?
Have you successfully led and supervised staff with a talent for coaching, mentoring, developing people, as well as holding them accountable?
Are you knowledgeable in production planning, and scheduling (two years minimum) with at least 5 years of working with ERP/MRP systems?
Are you a quick learner, decisive, with a strong work ethic – someone who can perform well under pressure, remaining calm in a fast-paced environment?
Have you produced quality product with little supervision, yet ensured safety, while meeting tight deadlines; are you willing and able to do what it takes to get the job done?
If so, my client, Q-Tran (Milford, CT), the leader in LED and Low Voltage Lighting with 20+ years in the lighting industry, may have an opportunity for you. Q-Tran is looking to hire an Operations Manager – preferably with small-to-mid-size company experience – eager to work for a rapidly growing, highly reputable company – who enjoys challenges. Experience leading multi-site manufacturing locations is a plus.
The right candidate will have strong analytical, problem-solving skills. Theirs will be a results-oriented mindset – get it done right, on time with ingenuity, accuracy and precision. They must have the confidence and knowledge of really understanding: resource management, thru put, scheduling, Bill of Materials, and Bill to Order; value the importance of complete documentation and exhibit a commitment to / and drive for continuous process improvement. They will also be responsible for ensuring that equipment maintenance is scheduled.
While a degree is preferable (at least an Associate’s or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school), solid work experience, integrity/reliability, diplomacy and the ability to elicit trust, respect and credibility from others is of equal importance. Superior interpersonal skills are requisite. Strong personal computer skills – i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets, as well as data base programming (able to read CADD and schematic drawings) are also required.
Reporting to the president of the company, in this position, you will manage a staff of 20 and be responsible for the following:
Manage Inventory Control
· Execute a complete physical inventory and implement cycle count procedures
· Identify slow moving, excess & obsolete inventory and plan for disposition
· Manage inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected items, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules
Manage Production Planning Supervision
· Schedule production in a discrete manufacturing/ job shop/ made to order environment
· Ensure product quality/quality control and timely delivery
· Review and assess relevant Sage ERP manufacturing modules and recommend necessary changes to produce useful reporting tools to assist in managing the production floor
· Lay out the floor plan to maximize efficiency
· Develop production process documentation
· Implement a safety program and address recommendations made by an insurance underwriter
· Manage Personnel – Review, assess, recruit, support, train and motivate staff
Communication and Collaboration with various internal departments
· Sales and Purchasing – To ensure quality product is produced and delivered on-time
· Shipping – Review shipping process and pricing of various carriers and implement process changes to ensure timely delivery of both outgoing and incoming freight at the best price
· Finance – Discuss/plan any potential significant transactions affecting profitability (i.e., Inventory changes and adjustments, freight rates, personnel changes, CAPEX, etc.)
· Engineering – Coordinate BOM changes
The overall ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with executives, peers and team members is imperative.
If this position is a strong match for your experience/background and interests – please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690.