Motivated Accounting Professional Required
Are you a proactive/motivated degreed accounting professional with two to four years of experience in public or private accounting and strong MS Excel and accounting software experience?
Are you extremely knowledgeable in driving and managing general ledger account reconciliations and analyses?
Are you currently an Accounting Manager or eager to step into that role with accountability for staff where you will also be hands-on?
If you are eager to work for a growing, well established company where your work will have an impact and you will have visibility – read on . . . My client, The Blake Group (East Windsor, CT), a leader in water and thermal energy solutions, is looking to hire an Accounting Manager. This is the primary support role for the accounting operations of Blake Group Holdings, Inc., reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance. The ideal candidate with have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. Add to that, supervisory/leadership experience or the potential and capability to manage staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and maintenance of a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. All tasks and duties are to be performed within Blake’s core values of: Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Innovation.
· Ensure the timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements through general ledger account reconciliations and analyses
· Prepare and file various states sales and use tax returns
· Prepare various jurisdictions’ personal property tax grand lists
· Maintain fixed asset records in management software system and reconcile to general ledger
· Supervise a staff of two (2)
· Mentor and train staff to ensure their growth and development
· Provide back-up to staff as needed including performing daily bank and cash forecasting
· Provide support for the annual physical inventory.
· Working cross functionally to ensure internal control environment exists with regards to expenses, revenue and receiving cutoffs, cycle counting of inventory, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
Frequent operation of computer related equipment, including but not limited to: phones, keyboards, printers, and/or scanners, billing and mailing equipment; extended periods of sitting, light lifting up to 15 lbs to 50 lbs printer paper use of Blake provided Ergonomic tools (may use own if approved by safety officer), adherence to Blake’s Safety Manual and Safety Rules.
If this position is a strong match for your background/experience/interests, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690