PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY
AIDS Connecticut currently has a job opening for:
Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Goal: To process ACT’s grant financial reporting, day-to-day financial transactions, maintain updated budget-to-actual reports, and assist the director with other departmental functions
- Prepare grant financial reports and billing
- Implement cost allocation plan (monthly allocations of admin, salaries, and fringe)
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with developing and monitoring grant budgets
- Calculate and enter month-end entries to the general ledger utilizing Excel schedules
- Maintain binder of all general journal entries including supporting documentation
- Reconcile gift income with development staff on a monthly and annual basis
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts on a monthly basis
- Manage grant billing and receivables
- Update budgets and schedules with updates to employee assignments to grants
- Prepare schedules and reports for annual audit and other grantor/regulatory requirements
- Conduct financial analyses as required and answer routine questions related to financial transactions
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with other department responsibilities, such as administrative and human resources duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related filed
- Three to five years of accounting experience in a nonprofit environment, working with grants
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Proficiency with Excel and accounting software; Abila MIP experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast pace environment and ability to respond to changes in a timely manner
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with limited supervision (face to face and/or virtual) is expected
- Highest regard for confidentiality
This is a non-exempt full-time position based in Hartford, CT. The position’s salary range is $40,000 – $45,000 based on experience, with a competitive benefits package.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put Accountant Position in the email subject line. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
AIDS Connecticut, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.