Mechanical Engineers in Demand
My client, Davis Standard, is looking to hire mechanical engineers in both Pawcatuck, CT and Ringwood, NJ, who will report to the Project Engineering manager. Davis-Standard, headquartered in Pawcatuck, Connecticut, USA, is the global leader in the design and manufacturing of high-performance plastics and rubber processing equipment, extrusion technology and converting systems. They are committed to engineering equipment that is cost effective, durable, and offers a high return on investment. Systems encompass over 10 product lines to support manufacturing applications and customers within every major industry.
The Mechanical Engineer will oversee and facilitate the design of mechanical products and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods based on customer needs, requests, and requirements. The Mechanical Engineer will partner with other Engineers to develop a culture of continuous improvement and a portfolio of projects that are aligned with business unit goals and objectives. This position will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering duties at Circonix; located in Ringwood, New Jersey and the DS location in Pawcatuck, CT.
· Solve moderately complex converting machinery designs as directed and supervised by the Project Engineering Manager.
· Manage projects using project management tools to manage a formal project action plan that will result in a quality on time delivery and basic customer satisfaction.
· Make calculations for sizing of components to meet customer specifications and application.
· Provide Sales with technical help on customer service presentations and proposals.
· Work accurately and complete designs within expected time.
· Apply knowledge of computer design and graphics software to detail design utilizing AutoCAD.
· Analyze and troubleshoot mechanical concerns at a start-up as required.
· Make suggestions for and develop improved and new products.
· Participate in project review meetings.
· Installation and startup supervision.
· Provide support for shop personnel.
Education and Requirements:
· Minimum Education – B.S. degree in a Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Five years of machine design application experience in a related machinery industry.
· Knowledge of plastics industry, engineering, and manufacturing best practices.
· Strong familiarity and understanding of the operation and workings of papermaking and paper converting equipment.
· Proficient with blueprint reading and development.
· Ability to interact with customers and vendors and to develop follow-up documentation based on interaction.
· Skilled in AutoCAD software drawing development.
· Travel as needed and up to 50% which includes travel for internationalprojects.
· Overtime as necessary will be required to ensure project needs are met.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people.