Manufacture Company Seeks Accountant
My client, Suominen Nonwovens (Windsor Locks, CT) has an exciting opening for an accountant – someone who is knowledgeable in budgeting, forecasting and accounting, has worked in manufacturing, and is highly proficient in Excel and SAP (or a similar system). Experience with IFRS would be a plus. A willingness and ability to learn new systems is critical as the company will be investing in new systems that will determine how work is conducted on the shop floor. The right individual will demonstrate not only a willingness to take ownership of her/his work, but also the ability to do so.
This key role will support the US Plant Controllers in the daily and monthly operations and analysis of the General Ledger. Specifically, she/he will:
· Assist in the month end accounting financial close, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
· Reconciles intercompany payables and receivables with multiple companies, including the monthly payment process.
· Manages the fixed asset system in SAP, including the reconciliation of capital in progress by project along with associated fixed asset and depreciation accounts, monthly depreciation and capitalization of assets under construction along with the reporting of investment spending.
· Assists in the preparation of annual tax reporting for external auditors as well as periodic state sales tax and local real estate tax reporting. (Sales and Use/Property tax reporting)
· Prepares yearly government surveys as requested.
· Freight booking and analysis, leasing accounting
· Responsible for the accounting and reporting activities of Suominen US Holdings.
· Assists in the preparation of monthly forecasts and annual plan where needed.
· Preparation of Functional Area Other Fixed Cost Monthly reporting.
· Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred. Associate’s degree may be considered.
· At least 3-5 years of previous experience in an operational accounting setting required. Exposure to international consolidations and financial statement preparations.
· Strong understanding of the General Ledger and IFRS knowledge a plus.
· Understanding currency translation and its impact on financial statements required.
· Experience with SAP financial systems or similar financial software preferred.
· Strong PC skills required, especially using Excel.
· Excellent interpersonal,organizational and communications skills.
· Friendly with a sense of humor.
· Self-initiatve; drives for results.
· Excellent time management skills with a concern for meeting all deadlines.
· Superior analytical/problem-solving skills.
· Focused on continuous improvement.
· Able to maintain and build close and effective relationships at various levels.
· The ideal candidate is direct, open-minded and independent. She/he is rigorous and dynamic. She/he is used to team work and able to multi-task.
· Willingness/ability to travel occasionally to other company sites.
· Strong sense of confidentiality.
· Integrity and honesty.
· Professional demeanor.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690 (if phone line goes to fax line, please send an email).
Thank you. Karla (Hammond)