My clent, Suominen, currently has and opening for an ICT Intern – Part Time. This position will be responsible for the support of ICT applications, workstations and infrastructure that are appropriate for users’ needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization’s information systems architecture for Windsor Locks site.
- To support and maintain the computer hardware and software.
- To support and maintain the mobile devices hardware and software.
- To assist in enforcing ICT policy to all ICT standards.
- Educates user community on procedures, policies, and proper support channels.
- Recommends, configures the set-up, and supports reliable and efficient desktop hardware and software platforms in accordance to ICT standards.
- To ensure the workstation environment is operational and to maintain sufficient performance, refresh technical components, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide key ICT support for the facility and its users.
- Assists in monitoring network at both the LAN and Enterprise levels and escalates issues to next level ICT Support.
- Ensures proper maintenance of documentation (hardware, software, network, and problem logs).
- Maintains the appropriate technical knowledge and remains abreast of trends in the industry to support the network and PC environment.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned
- Identifying process improvements and implementing approved changes as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft PC Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems and networking concepts.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory technology.
- MSCA is preferable.
- Working knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems.
- Working knowledge of network switches, routers and related networking equipment.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Communications and related technologies.
- Knowledge of Midrange Computers / Servers in a networked environment is required
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must carry a cell phone in support of a 24/7 operation
- Requires occasional work on weekend, nights and early mornings.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Ability to list and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles – rentals.
- Associates of Computer Science degree, enrolled in Associates of Computer Science degree program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience