Growing Business in Fairfield County Seek CMO
Do you have B2C and B2B marketing experience at an executive level where products are tangible?
Are you skilled at managing staff – bringing people together – and taking ownership of an evolving marketing organization?
Are you a brand ambassador from a competitive industry who has created awareness for your company’s brand – raised the bar – resulting in industry recognition and company profitability?
Are you extremely competent in content and digital marketing and have implemented programs and processes reflective of that knowledge and training?
Are you aware of customers’ diverse buying patterns, subject to generational differences?
If so, my client, a growing company in Fairfield County is seeking a Head of Marketing (Chief Marketing Officer) for strategic direction with website and B2B business.
My client will consider candidates with marketing experience from such sectors as: furniture, apparel, grocery, publishing, consumer goods, office/supplies and/or office technology products, and other retail, etc. The company will support relocation.
This position is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, and communication of all marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the company’s revenue growth goals through: development, alignment, and execution of the marketing calendar. This means direct responsibility for brand positioning, planning and circulation, database development, marketing communications, and web marketing.
The Chief Marketing Officer will:
· Lead, develop, and direct the implementation of all marketing and sales support plans and promotional strategies for web marketing including implementation of digital and direct response lead generation programs.
· Provide marketing direction for B2B go-to-market strategy, media mi and brand messaging. Manage B2B marketing research efforts to better understand my client’s customer. Then, utilize that data to help guide their product positioning and communication efforts.
· Provide monthly reporting by channel, customer type, and product category along with results vs. target for specific marketing campaigns and mailings (develop and track campaign metrics and ROI analysis). Share these results with their manager and appropriate teams to inform real-time collaboration and marketing plan adjustment.
· Manage Print/Digital Mix, with full responsibility for mailing strategy, email marketing, SEM, SEO, and Social Media Advertising.
· Develop strategic programs to support the expansion of the brand footprint. Work with business units to improve, develop, and advocate new promotional opportunities for the company’s products.
· Successfully develop strong business relationships across departments in support of strategic initiatives.
· Create and manage budgeted line items associated with all marketing functions.
· Supervise development efforts for the e-commerce function including content design and updates. Negotiate all marketing/e-commerce related contracts with service providers.
· Continually evaluate new market opportunities and technology through research and benchmarking in support of the company’s growth objectives.
· Develop and build a scalable team to ensure talent; can drive desired results.
· A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, with a master of business administration (MBA) preferred.
· A minimum of 5 -7 years in marketing roles at the senior management level is required.
· Prior budgeting and forecasting experience.
· Business planning and e-commerce strategy development is a plus.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· Understanding of Google Analytics.
· Experience with/knowledge of various software applications relating to e-commerce would be helpful as well.
· Exceptional verbal, written communication and listening skills.
· Learns quickly and works well with little supervision/guidance.
· High energy, proactive, positive mindset.
· Excellent problem-solving skills; analytical individual with a passion for building businesses.
· Very accountable – yet knows when, what and to whom to delegate.
· Detail-oriented, skilled at prioritizing, efficient at multi-tasking and strong organizational skills with superb execution and follow-through.
· Not afraid of challenges – in fact, thrives on challenges.
· Big picture – strategic thinker – visionary who is creative and looks for innovative solutions; yet can also be hands-on, when necessary.
· Self-confident and self-assured.
· Gains trust, respect of/and credibility with others
· Willing to admit when he/she doesn’t know something – but then goes about learning it.
· Integrity and ethical standards.
· Leadership and teambuilding skills; understands that working collaboratively with others is necessary to achieve company sales goals.
· Strong interpersonal skills – can relate to and manage well at all organizational levels and gain consensus.
· Highly effective decision-making skills (dependent on reputable data) – should not be risk averse.
· Self-starter and tenacious – does not give up easily – looks for solutions.
· Results-oriented nature; can achieve goals that are specific and measurable – yet can also work through ambiguity and change.
· Possesses a strong sense of urgency, drive and desire for a successful outcome.
· Calm in stressful situations, level-headed; has a sense of humor.
· Executive presence and professional demeanor.
If this is a strong match for your background/experience and interests, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690