Great Finance Opportunity Available
Interested professionals should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
The Town and County Club
22 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 05105
Employer: The Town & County Club is a 90 + year old private social club (501 (c)(7)) with a mission of fostering cultural, intellectual and social development in the community.
It is the responsibility of the Town and County Controller to proactively conduct all aspects of the position in compliance with Club bylaws and procedures, and to work collaboratively with other staff as part of a team committed to providing the membership and its guests with consistent, sincere, efficient, first-rate service that goes beyond expectations. The primary role of the Controller is to ensure timely and accurate financial statements, and to support the General Manager and Board of Governors in ensuring the long-term financial integrity of the Club and its Foundation.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- Five to seven years of increasing responsibility in the field of accounting or financial management, preferably in nonprofit or private club operations.
- Familiarity/expertise with name software XXXXXX.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Track record of customer responsiveness
- Prepare the monthly trial balance and financial statements with supporting schedules to the Finance Committee
- Collaborate effectively with accounts receivable representative
- Payroll coordination with outside vendor
- Benefits administration
- Medical, Dental, Life, STD
- Timeline of budget process, Key spreadsheets
- General Insurance
- General Liability, W.C., Umbrella, D&O, Fine Arts
- Licenses and permits
- Pension administration
- Simple IRA
- Tax payments and returns
- City, state & federal
- Telephone, E-mail, ISP, Domain, Software support
- Year end audit
- Support field work, provide records
- Monthly reconciliation of operating, capital, mortgage accounts – provide support to Investment Subcommittee and Capital Budget Subcommittee
- Support the Club’s 501(c)3 Lyman Heritage Preservation Foundation
- Records retention and storage
- Responsible for all aspects of non-member function billing
- Adherence to published pricing
- Proper tax treatment
- Proper coding on club management system
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the General Manager
- Meet with General Manager weekly to report on finances, cash flow and to discuss/determine long and short-term goals
Reports to: General Manager
Performance review: Annual
Job Classification: 30 to 40 hours/week negotiable, exempt position. Some evening duties required.
Replies: Cover letter. Resume and salary requirements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.