Experienced B2B Product Manager Needed
Do you have 7-10 years of experience as a product manager with a consumer-driven company that sells engineered products B2B? Product line(s) that accounts for at least $50M in sales?
Are you an extremely motivated leader who can operate as CEO of your own product line(s)/segment?
Does the idea of setting strategy and driving innovation in product development excite and inspire you?
Do you have experience working globally with multi-functional teams (sales, R&D, operations, etc.)? Do you have a high emotional quotient (EQ) in working with others from diverse cultures?
Are you willing to travel 30% of the time (domestically/nationally/internationally)?
If so, my client, Suominen has an exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager at their U.S. headquarters in Windsor Locks, CT.
The Product Management team is at the center of the transformation of Suominen into a Market Driven Product Leader. The Product Manager is part of a team with multifunctional members that aims to develop new, differentiated products in the competitive nonwovens industry and drive accelerated growth and profitability for Suominen.
· Responsible for driving growth of a specific product group(s) of the company. Own all of the commercial, strategic and operational aspects of the business, measured by sales, profits and market share.
· Responsible for market understanding and bringing market and customer needs into Sales and R&D to drive a business strategy and an innovation program that wins in the marketplace.
· Implement strategic plans and maintain a business case for one or more product/ product groups and provide senior level expertise.
· Support business with demanding strategic key accounts across a region.
· Develop and drive marketing plans to implement business strategy for the specific product/product group, and create and maintain the business case for the product/product group in collaboration with sales and product development.
· Define product portfolio and offering in the marketplace.
· Develop and drive implementation of the product pricing management and pricing guidelines.
· Analyze and evaluate business cases for new product development. Contribute to new product development for all commercial aspects of the stage process.
· Liaise with sales and marketing to design product launches, sales campaigns and sales collateral for the product/product group that are effective and appropriate for the target audience.
· Act as a product specialist point of contact for sales and marketing, R&D, operations and sourcing.
· Establish and build strong, senior level client relationships with customers.
· Coordinate internally to ensure a consistent way of working, as perceived by the key account and customers served, related to product/product group.
· Responsible for profitability of product line at the gross margin level.
· Own the innovation program for the segment.
· Provide direction and priorities for Sales and R&D organizations.
· Develop a Business Plan for the year and lead multifunctional team in its execution.
Additional qualifications and competencies:
· Undergraduate or graduate level education, working experience in product or business management
· Basic understanding of business finance (cost/margin/profit)
· Consumer and customer driven
· Creative thinking/entrepreneurial
· High energy/dynamic
· Analytical, problem-solving skills
· Ability to implement strategic plans in a dynamic business environment and perseveringly maintain a business case
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Aptitude for understanding production and how products get made
· Ability to increase profitability through optimization of product offering, pricing and customer satisfaction
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
· Ability to work independently and across global borders
· Drives for results with tremendous follow up
· Ability to maintain and build close and effective relationships at various levels of the internal and external organizations
· Ability to manage multidiscipline teams and deliver results through working within a matrix organization
· The ideal candidate is open-minded and independent. S/he is rigorous and dynamic. S/he is used to team work in a projects mode and can manage work in different languages / cultures.
· Fluency in English, working knowledge in other languages (e.g., Spanish, Italian, Finnish, etc.) is considered an asset
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Business acumen
· Professional demeanor
· Cultural maturity
· Integrity and honesty
Resumes should be emailed as Word document attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690