Experienced Accountant Required
Are you a degreed Accountant – ideally with a MBA or CPA – with 7+ years of related work history?
Would you like to join a mid-sized company with a collaborative culture where you will work with all the levels of management at the local company and parent company?
If so, my client, Really, Good Stuff (RGS), an Internet, e-commerce and direct mail retailer in Fairfield County, CT, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join their Finance/Accounting Group. The combination of these functions enables you to master and be marketable in both finance and accountings vs. niched, as so often happens in larger companies. In this role, you will be responsible for budgeting and forecasting – working with a model where there are opportunities for enhancement.
Success in this position requires flexibility, the willingness and ability to be detailed-oriented, deadline-driven and hands-on – someone who wants to take ownership and pride in timeliness and accuracy.
Currently located in Monroe the company is planning to move to the Shelton or Trumbull area. A company of 156 employees, RGS is a subsidiary, of a multi-million-dollar corporation (Excelligence Learning Corporation in Monterey, CA) owned by a private equity investor whose market is the educational sector.
This position is essential to the growth and success of the organization and will be involved in all aspects of Accounting and Finance, with all levels of management at the local company and the parent company level.
Reporting to the Controller, with nine direct reports, you will execute accounting functions, which include: budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, balance sheet and income statement analysis, month-end close activities and various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting, finance and reporting activities.
Essential functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Complete annual budgets & monthly forecasts
· Complete monthly general ledger account analysis for balance sheet / income statement accounts.
· Complete daily, monthly, quarterly dashboard reports.
· Develop excel financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
· Support Senior Management and Department heads with in-depth reporting and analysis of financial results
· Treasury/cash management.
· Financial Statement account analysis.
· Maintain fixed asset schedules.
· Assists with month-end close journal entries.
· Monthly financial reports and analysis
· Average cost and inventory trend analysis
· Maintain financial reporting models for actuals, budgets, forecasts for department level and total company
· Documentation and monitor processes for effective internal controls environment
· Analysis of performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing variances
· Assume pro-active role in ongoing process improvements, cost savings initiatives, P&L analyses, business planning, and various operational and strategic matters.
· Support the development/communication of financial reviews that describe business results; highlight operating issues and facilitate discussion of key initiatives
· Analysis of financial results and operating performance relative to company targets and initiatives
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting with 7+ years related experience. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) / knowledge of accounting principles and strong accounting skills.
· Advanced experience with Microsoft office – ADVANCED EXCEL REQUIRED
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for ERP/general ledger (main frame systems).
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
· Willing and able to take ownership of his / her work product.
· Excellent customer service skills needed to build trusting, collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Detail-oriented individual with the ability to follow through with tasks objectives resulting in a high-quality work product.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple changing responsibilities while adhering department deadlines.
If this position is a strong match for your background, education, experience and interests, please email your resume as a Word document to: karlahammond@sbcglobal; 860-267-2690.