ERP System Business Analyst Needed
My client, Hubbard-Hall (Waterbury, CT) is looking to hire a Business Analyst. This position is responsible for developing a strategy to leverage the company’s ERP system and other software tools based on the company’s priorities as articulated by senior management. Identifies how to improve business processes and systems within the ERP framework and lean philosophy. Analyzes the company’s data needs and develops solutions to meet these needs. Trains users and interfaces with company software providers. This position reports into the Accounting Manager.
· Recognize gaps between current situation and desired outcome and utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider options and propose the appropriate solution.
· Analyze root cause issue, problem solve and provide key recommendations for process improvements.
· Work with internal customers to identify their business needs and determine how to maximize the ERP system and other software tools.
· Analyze business processes as they relate to company software and write business system procedures.
· Develop and implement effective solutions through research and analysis of data
· Critically evaluate information as gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and distinguish user requests as they relate to identified goals.
· Communicate progress of projects to management and assist them in communicating to affected groups.
· Train software users in using basic/advanced features to enhance operations and assist users when questions or problems arise
· Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner and interface with company software providers.
· Create and maintain ERP system database, reports and documents.
· Continually seeks to identify opportunities to improve company-wide application of software and internal processes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, IT or related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Experience understanding a company software system and how it relates to all aspects of the company’s business operation.
· Experience with Crystal report writing a must. Progress database experience a plus.
· Advanced skills required in spreadsheets, pivot tables and business intelligence software.
· Strong analytical and database management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret company’s business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Resumes should be emailed to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690