Division Manager Required
Does taking ownership of a company division and running your branch like a franchise excite you?
Are you a sales leader from a commercial/industry field who has successfully driven business and profitability?
Are you drawn to a collaborative company culture that thrives on teamwork, innovation, integrity and excellence?
If so, my client, The Blake Group (headquartered in East Windsor, CT), is looking to hire a Division Manager for their Danbury, CT branch with territory responsibility for Western CT, Eastern NY (Hudson Valley) and Long Island. NY.
In business since 1927, and growing, The Blake Group is a full-service specialty distributor and manufacturer’s representative of water and thermal energy solutions, and equipment and supplies. The company’s success is due to its excellent and dedicated employees and the strong history and relationships they share with their customers and business partners. Today, they operate 12 Blake equipment branches throughout New England and New York., a Central Distribution Center in Albany, a Manufacturing Facility for water softening and filtration equipment, a Pump, Boiler and Valve Repair Shop, Custom Fabrication Center, and a Valve Manufacturing Plant.
The Division Manager leads the Blake branch and manages overall branch performance. This involves managing the Sales process and strategy, developing and implementing sales objectives and managing account and territory planning – critical to meeting or exceeding sales and profitability targets for the branch. In this position, you will:
· Have direct management and accountability of all branch employees (Assistant Branch Manager and Outside Sales Individuals), as well as responsibility to the insides sales, driver and warehouse staff – managed by the Assistant Manager. This involves: attracting/retaining key talent; developing the team and managing performance to ensure individual, team and branch effectiveness; holding individuals accountable for goal attainment; identifying and providing training opportunities for staff development and oversight of all branch operations and safety.
· Identify key business development opportunities, customer growth opportunities and manage those opportunities.
· Manage asset protections and utilization and maintain accountability for branch P&L.
· Represent Blake in industry associations, as well as the company’s vendors in the marketplace.
· At minimum, an Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· At least five (5) years’ progressive experience in a commercial/industrial field – ideally plumbing, heating, distribution, heavy equipment.
· Prior sales / business development experience and responsibility managing a sales team.
· Prior client relationship management experience.
· Background in route service, pick-up and delivery and/or distribution management.
· Demonstrated experience building a motivated and successful organization.
· Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel – spreadsheets, presentation and database software; experience with ERP systems.
· Travel negligible – but willing / able to travel to national trade shows and vendor training.
· Prior experience working for a multi-location company.
· Ability to manage P&L – some prior budgeting / forecasting experience.
· Frequent operation of computer-related equipment, including, but not limited to: phones, keyboards, printers, and/or scanners, billing and mailing equipment.
· Ability to see, hear and speak, as well as physical dexterity.
· Extended periods of sitting and occasional light lifting of 15 lbs. to 50 lbs.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage fluctuating workload to meet deadlines.
· Ability to accurately synthesize information (text and numerical) from multiple sources, analyze, calculate and summarize data verbally and in writing.
· Conduct tasks in adherence to Blake’s Safety Manual and Safety Rules.
· Superior leadership skills
· Strong team orientation at all levels and interdepartmentally
· High energy, dynamic and engaging
· High achiever – strong work ethic; committed to excellence and exceeding expectations
· Focused on continuous process improvement and innovation
· Ability to inspire / coach / mentor others
· Integrity – able to gain others’ credibility and trust
If this is a strong match for your background/experience and interests, please email your resume, as a Word document attachment, to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690