Customer Service Rep Needed in Waterbury, CT.
My client, Hubbard-Hall in Waterbury, CT has an opportunity for a Customer Service Rep – someone who has worked in a distribution and / or manufacturing environment vs. a call center. This position will provide prompt, polite, and efficient response to customer contact for information and product. Accurately execute requests for order entry and order documentation, returns, credit documentation, and Certificates of Analysis and SDS. Arrange and track shipments as required. Function as a team within Customer Service to ensure the delivery is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide customers with prompt and accurate information, pricing and delivery details needed to execute their orders and provide automated or manual acknowledgement once orders have been placed.
- Send Certificates of Analysis, SDS sheets, purchasing history, and order confirmations to customers as required.
- Communicate and cooperate with customers, co-workers, and outside sales and provide feedback to sales and management.
- Advise customers when their order is delayed or changed and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Expedite customer requests for order changes, new product, pricing and communicate issues with sales Representatives.
- Help customers get answers to their questions and solve their problems.
- Assist new customers with account and credit set-up.
- Enter Sample orders.
- Discharge duties assigned in ISO 9000 and Responsible Distribution as directed.
- Process credit card orders.
- Enter and maintain orders for bulk and automatic deliveries and generate releases as required.
- Process Return Material requests.
- Advise purchasing of orders for product not in stock
- Quotations; preparation, entry, maintenance, quotation follow up for the New England region, including distribution and specialty sales force. This includes tracking and reporting on quotes and competitive situations.
- Back up DEA process.
- Maintain Customer file information including setting up ship-to addresses, maintaining customer notes and updating buy lists.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Background in Customer Service or Inside Sales, including a minimum of 3 years as a Customer Service / Inside Sales Representative in a distribution and / or manufacturing environment, and general business experience. Customer focused, good people skills, solid oral and written communication skills. Familiar with sales and distribution of technical products to OEM market, good problem-solving skills, team player. Minimum High School Diploma, 2 or 4 year degree preferred (in-process acceptable).
- Focus on continuous process improvements – someone who strives to find/make improvements to existing processes that could save money and time.
- Continued development: on-going education and training in Customer Service skills and issues, including on-site programs and off-site seminars. Regular business publications directed at improving Customer Service skills, computer training as required.
- Prior experience in the chemical industry – would be a plus.
Resumes should be emailed as Word document attachments to: email@example.com; 860-267-2690