Creative Director Needed in Fairfield County
Are you experienced in direct response or direct-to-consumer catalog, print and digital marketing?
Can you take creative strategy and communicate it to executives, so that it is clear, compelling, and tangible?
Are you an entrepreneurial brand ambassador – executing on a vision and strategy – successfully bringing products to market?
If so, my client, a growing company in Fairfield County is seeking an experienced, energetic Creative Director to spearhead their catalog & digital marketing efforts. In this position, you’ll help execute their brand strategy, as well as create a vision for how their products are brought to market.
In this role, you will be providing leadership and guidance to the creative team and work with many various departments throughout the organization. The Creative Director oversees the development of the creative strategy for all print & digital assets, including catalogs, emails, web site pages and more. Qualified candidates will have experience successfully managing many projects simultaneously, as well as managing multiple workflows. You should be able to analyze trends, understand the customer experience, as well as communicate effectively and work closely with a wide range of staff members across the company – including senior executives.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Oversee the creation of all catalogs, printed collateral & digital marketing assets.
- Lead, train and supervise a team of Graphic & Digital Designers, Copywriters and Photographers.
- Monitor and maintain quality standards for all creative department outputs, while ensuring team operates in an efficient and innovative manner
- Manage team to hit deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Translate business/marketing objectives and strategies into designs that are clear, visually appealing and contribute to the evolution of the brand.
- Evaluate and create process workflows.
- Plan and execute production schedules.
- Formulate and present ideas to peers and executive team.
- Provide support to multiple internal departments, including: Marketing, Ecommerce, Merchandising, Inside Sales and Product Development.
Qualifications – Technical and Personal
- Minimum 5–10 years of experience in a similar role with strong track record of delivering successful print, catalog and digital campaigns and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing and user experience.
- Mac proficient skill set, including expertise in: Adobe products including In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining highly accurate, error-proof file management procedures.
- Education market and/or direct response experience is a plus.
- Skilled in managing people (holding them accountable), projects and resources.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Learns quickly and works well with little supervision/guidance.
- High energy, proactive, positive mindset.
- Ability to oversee read, problem-solve, analyze and interpret information.
- Ability to assess and delegate workload.
- Talent for developing and promoting efficiency in procedures.
- Capacity to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with superb execution and follow-through.
- Self-confident and self-assured.
- Leadership and team building skills; understands that working collaboratively with others is necessary to achieve company sales goals.
- Highly developed decision-making skills (dependent on reputable data) – should not be risk averse.
- Self-starter and tenacious – does not give up easily – looks for solutions.
- Results-oriented nature; can achieve goals that are specific and measurable – yet can also work through ambiguity and change.
- Calm in stressful situations, level-headed; has a sense of humor.
- Gains trust, respect of/and credibility with others.
- Willing to admit when he/she doesn’t know something; but then goes about learning it.
- Integrity and ethical standards.
- Executive presence and professional demeanor.
If this position is a strong match for your background/experience/interests, please email me your resume as a Word document – email@example.com; 860-267-2690