B2B Organization Seeking Customer Service Manager
Have you had remote customer service management experience (multiple sites) in B2B, world-class manufacturing?
Are your people management skills strong with demonstrated expertise in coaching, developing and mentoring customer service staff ?
Have you managed global policies, procedures and processes and introduced best practices?
Have you been involved in systems implementations and are you savvy in terms of data management and manipulation?
Are you a change agent whose goal it is to move a company forward in an ever-changing market in a culturally diverse organization and do you enjoy those challenges?
If so . . . read on. My client, Suominen, is looking for a Global Customer Service Manager who will be based in their Windsor Locks, CT location and support their “Changemaker” strategy and vision (”We change the way people think about nonwovens.”) This high-profile position will be responsible for leading the Customer Service team members in the Americas to provide world-class customer experience for their valued customers and will be a key member of the global team in developing and implementing processes and systems..
· Lead, develop, direct and control customer service function (people, processes and procedures and activities) in the Americas so that they meet the overall business objectives and protect the group’s customer relationships and public reputation.
· Own and execute the strategic plan for your function, ensuring we are operating in a way consistent with our SMART way of working.
· Strive for world-class customer satisfaction, as well as adherence to policies, procedures, service offerings and contractual obligations with customers.
· Lead the Global Customer Service organization and ensure clear and consistent Customer Service processes globally.
· Work with Customer Service Leaders of EMEA region and SAM region to ensure we are operating consistently, finding best approaches and re-applying learnings from one region to the other.
· Ensure consistent training and development programs, as well as new systems and process implementations occur globally.
· Develop and implement systems, standards, targets, organizational skills and customer feedback principles to monitor customer service performance and ensure that activities are efficient, consistent, constantly improving and high quality.
· Key point of contact for Global Demand Manager and Global Supply Manager for any needs or required interactions.
· Liaise with and influence internal stakeholders to ensure that customer service strategies and production planning activities are integrated with other parts of the business and align with the overall business unit
· Ensure that Customer Service staff utlize databases or other computerized systems to maintain accurate and up-to-date customer service records.
· Develop problem solving guidelines, or other materials to assist customer service staff to respond to issues that are recurring or routine.
· Responsible (either self or direct reports) for some inside sales tasks focused on House Accounts.
· Bachelor’s degree in customer service, business or technology
· 7+ year track record of success in B2B Customer Service or a related function is required with direct implementations, customer success, support and education experience preferred
· High degree of systems and computer skills (i.e. EXCEL, download, data manipulation) is essential as is SAP experience.
· Some inside sales related experience would be helpful, but is not required
· Able and willing to travel (considerable domestic travel initially to build the team with international travel as well)
· Excellent communication skills – verbally and in writing as well as listening
· Strong interpersonal skills – maintains a positive – engaging, attitude /outlook that facilitates building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships
· Strong problem-solving analytical skills
· Able to manage, direct, inspire and mentor team members
· Must be able to balance multiple assignments by establishing priorities
· Highly motivated and goal oriented – eager, dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic
· Self initiative – able to work with limited oversight and own your own work
· Assertive – takes charge. Decisive with solid decision-making skills
· Aptitude and keen desire to learn
· Straightforward and direct
· Excellent time management skills
· Viewed as being highly competent
· Confident – professional demeanor
· Strong negotiating skills
· Pays close attention to details and stays organized
· Integrity – trustworthy – ethical
· Able to stay calm, and focused
f this position is a strong match for your background/experience, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-267-2690.