B2B Marketing Professional With Manufacturing Experience Needed
Are you a B2B Marketing pro with experience working in a technical or commercial manufacturing business? Do you have a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of digital and print marketing experience?
Are you technically proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, familiar with Google Analytics, and experienced with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM system?
Does the idea of working for an US industry leader in the manufacture of switches and sensors for nearly 60 years interest you?
Then, read on . . . My client, Madison Company (Branford, CT) is seeking a Marketing Manager who can bring energy, experience, education and ideas to the company. This position will be responsible for implementing the marketing tasks and initiatives for Sales, Product Management and Business Development. This will involve overseeing the marketing process, allocating resources, budget, implementing activities (e.g., trade shows and campaigns), creating any collateral, working with outside resources. As the senior marketing person at Madison and RDT, you report to the company president. As an individual contributor, you will roll up your sleeves and be hands-on, but you will also be involved in setting marketing strategy by looking for opportunities and at competitors to set direction for the company. The initial priority is handling a variety of short-term activity which, in turn, will support longer-term planning and objectives.
To be successful in this role you should be highly self-motivated; have excellent communication skills; strong analytic skills – pay close attention to detail; and exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects, while working collaboratively with team members. Specifically, to:
· Manage various aspects of the Company’s website and social media platforms, as well as third party websites where the Company maintains product profiles and advertising:
Ø Monitor traffic and identify trends
Ø Ensure all information is current and accurate, and that all links, navigation and functions properly
Ø Develop appropriate reports
· Handle Search Engine Optimization
Ø Monitor search sources, types, and key words using Google Analytics and similar tools
Ø Monitor performance of various Pay Per Click (PPC) programs such as AdWords and similar sources
Ø Generation and qualification – i.e., take over the lead generation – advertising and develop a basis for measuring results – using that to make improvements and investment recommendations.
Ø Lead sources
· Develop reports for budget expenditures and budget/marketing metrics to understand ROI of various activities and to maximize yield of Marketing Qualified Leads
· Organize sales and marketing information and resources
· Coordinate and prepare for tradeshows
· Maintain and monitor schedules for production and release of sales and marketing deliverables, such as:
Ø Collateral materials
Ø Email campaigns and e-blasts
Ø Blog posts and social media (e.g., Facebook) updates
Ø White papers
· Coordinate and communicate project timelines to keep all stakeholders apprised of project statuses and responsibilities, including projects involving vendors and other service providers
· Manage workflow and process, as needed, to help reduce errors and improve operational efficiencies
· Manage special projects, as needed.
Within a year, this individual should have:
· Developed considerable familiarity with products and markets.
· Have worked with and established an outside resource network of vendors.
· Structured an effective process for lead generation, CRM, data gathering development – pointing to what is working and what isn’t, based on data, and have made recommendations for going forward (in summary, have a good understanding of the effectiveness of their marketing efforts and be viewed as an asset to others in doing their job).
· Set a plan in place for the next 12 months.
· Assisted in strategic marketing for new developments.
· Intuitively knows how to solve problems
· Effectively gets things done – themselves or through others
· Good listener – thoughtful and inquiring (open to asking for others’ input; considers if there a better way: “let’s try an experiment for a few months”)
· Confident and assertive
· Persuasive – but – respectful; takes others’ opinions and thoughts into consideration
· Drives for results – sets direction and sticks to it
· Adapts quickly to change, flexible, and versatile
· Works comfortably in a small, but fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Committed to meeting deadlines
· Able to handle competing priorities
· Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
· Makes practical suggestions for improving work processes and procedures
· Enjoys collaborating and working with people – works for consensus and continues to achieve team and organizational goals
· Demonstrates business acumen and projects a professional demeanor
· Integrity and honesty