Assistant Product Manager Needed
My client, Suominen, is hiring another Assistant Product Manager – please share the following with NEAG Members – thanks.
My client Suominen (Windsor Locks, CT), a global leading supplier of nonwovens, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Product Manager. The location for this position will be Windsor Locks, CT.
Suominen manufactures nonwovens as roll goods for wipes, as well as for medical and hygiene products. The end products made of Suominen’s nonwovens – wet wipes, feminine care products and swabs, for instance – bring added value to the daily life of both consumers and professionals worldwide. The company employs approximately 600 people in Europe and in the Americas The Suominen share (SUY1V) is listed in NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Stock Exchange.
Suominen people are known for the passion they have for the work they do and for getting things done. The work is done “with a cool head, warm heart and clean hands,” i.e., with drive, with passion, and with a high level of ethics.” The way of operating at Suominen is best described in three words: “Empowerment,” “Accountability,” and “Passion.”
Why we are hiring an Assistant Product Manager
Suominen is in the midst of a compelling transition – moving away from a typical manufacturing sales-driven entity to a market – product – innovation-driven company. Suominen has talented people, and significant processes and systems, as well as considerable physical assets in place. Theirs is a commitment to excellence in production management. They are evolving from a commercial B2B company into more of a consumer-driven company. As the business is changing, the need to support the company’s existing product managers is growing exponentially. This is a new role in the company, which has not existed before.
Central to Suominen’s transformation to a Market-Driven Product Leader is the product management team. The Assistant Product Manager will be part of a team led by the Product Manager (PM) – with multifunctional members aiming to develop new, differentiated products in the competitive nonwovens industry – tasked with driving accelerated growth and profitability for Suominen.
What we are seeking in Candidates
· Are you a recent college graduate or college alumni with 1-2 years of working experience in product or business management, who is looking for a career and not a job?
· Are you innovative and highly analytical,skilled at problem solving?
· Are you a strategic thinker, able to implement plans in a dynamic business environment and perseveringly maintain a business case?
· Are you capable of increasing profitabilitythrough optimization of product offering, pricing and customer satisfaction?
· Are you an enthusiastic, high energy person who has demonstrated tremendous self-initiative?
· Are you driven by the idea of having an impact on an organization in a role with amazing autonomy and responsibility for an entry level position – across global borders?
· Are your organizational and communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal – top notch? Are you able to discuss pricing and profits and deliver successful customer proposals that reflect multi-million dollar deals?
· Are you consumer and customer centric – adept at anticipating and focused on developing products that customers both want and need?
· Does the idea of working in a culturally diverse, global organization with people on different continents excite you?
· Are you able to maintain and build close and effective relationships at various levels of internal and external organizations?
· Can you manage multidiscipline teams and deliver results through working within a matrix organization?
· Are you drawn to a collaborative work environment – that is welcoming and collegial?
· Do you view the opportunity to travel (20-25%) – domestically and internationally – to customers and other company sites as an opportunity and not a drawback?
· Are you technically astute – i.e., comfortable talking about technical products with ease?
· Are you proficient with Microsoft Office?
· Does the idea of limitless potential in terms of scope of your position, diversity of assignments and career advancement whet your appetite and desire for personal and professional growth?
· If you have never worked in nonwovens before, does the idea of learning about and contributing to a new industry empower you?
If you have answered “yes” to the above questions – Read on . . . The ideal candidate is open-minded and independent, rigorous and dynamic, used to teamwork in a project mode, and able to manage work in different languages/cultures. While fluency in English is required, a working knowledge in other languages (e.g., French, Spanish, Italian, or Finnish) is considered an asset.
· Gather and analyze market and consumer insight, trends and drivers to develop business analysis and to support the Product Manager in his/her work and to equip Sales team with appropriate sales argumentation.
· Gather and analyze business performance in a given market segment(s).
· Assist the Product Manager (accountable for P&L of a product portfolio for a given market segment) to develop and drive marketing plans to implement business strategy. Create and maintain business case for product/product group.
· Define product portfolio and offering in the market place, including accountability for analysis and evaluation of customer requests.
· Support driving implementation of product pricing management and pricing guidelines.
· Analyze and evaluate of business cases for new product development (based on new ideas). Gather requirements from customers and prospects, and use those inputs to initiate product development plans. Lead and manage and/or participate on innovation project teams from inception to launch.
· Liaise with Product Manager, sales and marketing to design product launches, sales campaigns and sales collateral for the product/product group that are effective and appropriate for the target audience. Act as a product specialist point of contact externally and internally as agreed within the segment with Product Manager.